Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Who said she can't craft?

Well actually no one said it. I'm known by my family and friends to be a big crafter. Instead of Barbies dolls and makeup, I wanted a sewing machine and sketching set. I remember my first sewing machine. I believe I was in middle school. My oldest sister gave it to me for Christmas. It didn't work really well because I wanted to sew denim and heavy fabrics that tore into the machine. But I still loved it dearly. And guess what, it still is in my mom's attic waiting on my daughters to use.

I love crafts. Its like music to soul. When I am crafting, nothing else in the world matters. Its like ice cream to a kid. Without my hands, I'm nothing.

So you might be wondering why in the world and I starting a blog about my crafts. Well the book I bought today, "Homemade Marketplace" By Kari Chapin, suggested I do so. She claims by blogging, not only do I get a chance to network and make new friends, but it also brings in business. All the things I am looking forward to.

A little about me. Well I am married to my best friend, Jerry. Honestly I don't know how I survived without him. We've been married for 8 years and even though it hasn't always been as peachy as it is now. We worked hard and built a foundation that can't be easily broken. Love is beautiful when it is shared with the right person. We have 3 beautiful and very spoiled children. There names all began with the letter J. I don't know why. It was cool at first but not its annoying because I get confused and call out all three names at the same time when I only meant to call out one, lol.

I am student at Harris Stowe State University and studying Business Administration with a minor in entrepreneurship. Even though I'm usually the oldest one in my class (28) I love being back in school. It feels good to get the "A's" I didn't achieve in high school. I am also the owner of the company "Faith is Fabulous". It has customized gifts ranging from Diaper Cakes, Wedding Bouquets, Candles, Tutu's and so much more. I love being my own boss but there are a lot of ups and downs to it.

Which brings me to what this blog will talk about. We will discuss, the ends and outs of being a business owner. Some of my favorite links and websites. I have some tutorials I want to share with you, which you can also find on this page and so much more. We're going to have so much fun!!!!! Are you ready? Because I'm ready..........Lets go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment